Details and Projects
Current TOP Research and Development Interests and Initiatives:
1. Plasma Transfer / Umbilical Cord Plasma Transfer into older species. Circulating Systemic Environmental Factors and other components of young and umbilical plasma have demonstrated regenerative effects in lab animals and are believed to have positive effects.
2. DNA methylation / epigenetic clock testing and therapies to reset methylation to more youthful profile.
3. Research into optimal doses and combinations of age management therapies — like senolytics, rapamycin, metformin, NAD, GDF11, and others.
3. Gene editing to repair and improve genes
4. Long term — Nanotechnology, tiny machines to repair DNA, cells and other parts of our bodies.
More Complete Details:
1. Conventional Methods Available Now
Get into and stay in great health, while we make scientific advances.
Nutrition, exercise, stress reduction, sleep well, meditation, cultivating happiness, adequate amounts of water, reduce risks, and others.
2. Potentially Advanced Methods Available Now To Be Used Under Expert Guidance
Prescription medications repurposed to slow or intervene in the underlying causes of age related functional decline — metformin, and statins for example.
3. Therapies for Regeneration and to Reduce Age Related Functional Decline
Plasma transfer / exchange and umbilical cord blood plasma
4. Intervene in the Underlying Causes, and Repair and Prevent Age Related Functional Decline
Gene repair and editing – new CRISPR/Cas9 technology is making this a reality
Maintain and repair mitochondria (energy producing components of cells)
Clear cellular garbage and cells gone bad
Nanotechnology – tiny “machines” that repair our DNA and cells. Nanotech will probably be many years into the future.
Small oxytocin study
Oxytocin has multiple benefits in animals: muscle maintenance, attenuates atherosclerosis and inflammation, wound healing, inhibition of weight gain (regular chow and fast food chow), prevents bone loss, testosterone levels and testicular size, robust hair growth, thicker skin, rejuvenated thyroid
Our study cultured lactobacillus reuteri 6475 (gut microflora) in yogurt for one month. Lactobacillus reuteri 6475 was expected to upregulate the body’s oxytocin production. Also one subject spiked it with additional BioGaia Gastrus.
Result: Both subjects experienced a lot of long, vivid dreams for about 1/3 to 1/2 the night. No increased empathy.
Though parts of it were somewhat inconclusive, what worked in animals didn’t work in humans. One subject: increased libido, and negative mood with some depression upon discontinuing.
De-methylation and Horvath epigenetic clock as true biomarker of aging and evidence of intervention results.
Aging biomarkers and other measures of results of studies — great interest is inflammation
Pilot / beta / small study trial format protocol in humans
Practical, small, informal, fast track, cautious and low risk, MD monitored and controlled method with aging biomarkers and biological/health measures, conducted by a small group of associates.
Plasma transfer / exchange and/or unbilical cord blood plasma - Our team’s research indicates these are our best near-term opportunities. They probably improve the aged microenvironment thereby promoting tissue-specific stem cell activation in most systems.
“Circulating Systemic Environmental Factors” (CSEFs) are believed to be the reasons.
- Circulating cytokines and chemokines (such as CCL11)
- Growth factors (such as the transforming growth factor-β superfamily member GDF11)
- MicroRNAs that can epigenetically regulate gene expression
- Multiple effects
Planning or Of Interest:
Personalized medicine – find our own personal weak link and fix it
Mitochondria repair and regeneration
Lipofuscin (cellular debris) removal — remove amyloid beta and systemic amyloids
Stem cell research and gene-editing experiments, with the express intention of delaying aging and rejuvenating vital organs.
Lipsosomes/liposome delivered therapies
Liposomal forms of supplements to lower inflammatory response (4 herbs)
NAD or precursor like NMN or NR –Vince and Jim
Clear garbage, senescent cells / autophagy
Constant improvement/multiple functionalities – and Find our own personal weak link
Rapamycin variations (inhibitor of growth signaling)
Metformin (Caloric restriction mimetic?)
maybe combined with a specific strain of E. Coli?
Aspirin/ibuprofen (anti inflammatory)
Caloric restriction mimetics
Thioflavin T (anti-amyloidogenesis)
Resveratrol (Sirtuin activator)
Motivation (compliance) for better lifestyle — nutrition, exercise, meditation and stress reduction, others
Improvements over current mouse testing
Engineered (lab grown) tissue systems — heart, liver, lung, kidney, brain and others
connected by blood supply
for evaluation and screening of aging interventions and other therapies
as an improvement or supplement to animal and computer simulation testing.
Each heart, liver or other module is usually called an organ-on-a-chip, or tissue chip.
Defined: A multi-channel 3-D microfluidic cell culture chip that simulates the activities, mechanics and physiological response of entire organs and organ systems. The term seems misleading as it implies something like a computer chip.
Public awareness and fundraising (current and upcoming)
- Speaking engagements
- Press/news articles and talk show appearances