Our next Gerontology Research Group meeting will be on Friday, March 1st at 8:00 PM PST
GMT Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 4:00:00 AM
Guest Speakers: Drs. Leonid Gavrilov, Ph.D. (GSA Fellow) and Natalia Gavrilova of the University of Chicago They have been long-time GRG members and frequent contributors.
The topic of their lecture will be “New Discoveries of Longevity Demographics Comparing US Life Expectancy to Maximum Human Lifespan”
They have been featured in the Chicago Sun-Times, Chronicle of Higher Education, Daily Herald, Discovery News, Reuters, Scripps Howard News, U.S. News & World Report, United Press International, UPI , The Wall Street Journal, and Wall Street Journal Blog.
We will again be webcasting the meeting live to the world. It will also be stored digitally and available online for viewing later.
Details on our new webcasting provided will be provided later.
For quality production we have purchased new equipment and found a better internet streaming solution (no commercials). Our methods are also being refined.
World time converter:
Location:Boyer Hall Building
Conference Room 159
University of California Los Angeles,
Los Angeles, California 90095
UCLA is a massive campus. The best way is to follow the directions you included below. But please note: it’s best to park on the top level of the parking structure.
– From 405 freeway, go east on Wilshire. There’s usually traffic so get into the left lane asap.
– Left on Westwood Blvd. Pass Le Conte Ave.
– Stop in the left lane at the kiosk (in the middle of the street). Turning on emergency blinkers is advised.
– Ask for a ticket to the parking Lot 9 just on the right. Cost is $11.
– After you get the ticket quickly get into the right lane to turn right.- Turn quick right and left and enter the second gate.
– Go to the very top at roof-top level and park in the diagonally opposite corner of the structure.Please note: it’s best to park on the top level of the parking structure. If you park on a lower level you will have to find your way up a hill and may get lost and be late.
– Go up the ramp and to the end. Turn right and left and left around the construction barriers.
– The first building on the left is Boyer Hall. Check the sign on the glass of the front door. Once in the building, take a quick right to Conference Room 159.
If you need directions on the night of the meeting feel free to call me on the cell at (949) 922-9786.